Sunday, 29 March 2009

Finally made something!

These are the first things I have made since before Christmas (!) and hopefully they'll be the first of many. Apologies for the terrible photos, the lighting was awful when they were taken and no amount of editing would make them look better!

The blocks were made for my nephew Ollie who was born in February. I used DCWV papers and some misc papers from my stash. The blue on the front is Core'dinations cs with some die cut letters I bought years ago off of eBay, coloured to match, and finally added the little blue hand and feet.

Next up is my Mum's Mother's Day card. I got the idea from the far superior card on Karen's blog, although I don't actually have the butterfly die/folder so I had to use one I was sent in a swap, hence the white! I also didn't have any bling that was small enough so I used stickles which didn't do a very good job of drying in the dots it was put on in. I made the card to match the present which follows.....

This is a recipe folder that I CASEd from Lauren Meader... in fact I downloaded her template from Papertrey Ink and using that as a guide, I just altered the number of pockets etc. I made the recipe cards myself using MS Word - 9cm x 19cm to fit in a 10cm envelope. There are 4 pockets, three on the inside and one on the outside of the fold IYSWIM, as well as a notes page (which is just another recipe card with the top cut off) and a jumbo paperclip for clippings. If you click on the pictures you'll hopefully be able to see more clearly than I can explain. I wish the photos did it more justice, as the papers (Laura Ashley) are really stunning in real life.

Thanks for looking