Tuesday, 16 September 2008

Notelet Set #3

Another notelet set, but with a different box. I'm not too keen on the notelets themselves - I think the stamped image is too small and that the colour is a bit strong - I might do another set and make the cards more like the top of the box. Not to mention that I put the corner pieces in the wrong corners on the green ones... didn't notice until I uploaded the photo now!

There are 6 notelets in the set, 2 each of green, pink and purple to match the colours of the main image, which is 'Modesty' by Penny Black, watercoloured and pierced in the corners. I also roughed up the edges a bit as they looked a bit flat without.

Thanks for reading, and as always any feedback is very welcome!

Thursday, 11 September 2008

Post-it Pad

This was a really quick make.

I used a piece of white Core'dinations cs 9cm x 19cm, scored at 9cm and 10cm. For the top I used a dark blue piece of Core'dination cs cut slightly smaller than the white and used my concave punch on the corners. On top of this is more of the same but slightly lighter, and a couple of mm smaller. Sorry, I don't know the exact colours of the cs, as they're from a pack and don't have it on. The top is a dp from the Dovecraft Retro Floral pack with the corners rounded, finished with a (Papermania I think?) flower and brad, and peel off lettering coloured using peel off markers from Imag-e-nation. The post-its themselves are from Tesco.

I'm fairly happy with the results, but I think in future I wouldn't use white cs for the base.

Thanks for reading

Tuesday, 9 September 2008

A Quick Make...

...well it would've been if my bind-it-all had co-operated, but I got it going in the end and produced this pad and pen set.

The pad measures roughly 9cm x 9.5cm, the pages being just under 9cm x 9cm. The purple is misc cs, and the paper on the pad and pen is from the Dovecraft Retro Floral Prints 8x8 pack. I thought I would have multicoloured pages to add a bit of interest so I picked colours that matched the dp (blue, green, pink, orange and yellow).

The pen is made in the same way as these here with the exception that I heated the tape for about 40 seconds before adding the beads - apparently it helps the beads stick better, so I'll see if it works.

Notelet Set 2

This set is different to the first in that it opens out, instead of having a flap.
I made 6 A6 cards, and used the Chick-a-Doo range of Sei papers and some more Core'dinations card. The papers are double sided, so the cover consists of the front side of Chick-a-doo layered on slightly larger pieces of the reverse side IYSWIM. The front of the top three cards are Pee Wee's Kiwis from the same paper range, and the bottom three use the reverse side, so all six cards are made with one sheet of 12x12. The scallops are from the Core'dinations card, which I've drawn dots on using a Sakura glaze pen, and the pictures are 2" circles taken from a sheet of the paper I used for the covers.
I didn't plan to use these for the scallops but I put a message on them and when they were all put together I didn't like them and needed to cover them up!
The ribbon used to tie them up is American Crafts... I thought it was too dark, but the opinion so far is that it's a good contrast, so it's staying. Oh, and the box itself is another sheet of Core'dinations white cs.
Thanks for reading

Sunday, 7 September 2008

Notelet Set

Six notelets with envelopes in a box

I made these A6 notelets and box using the
Core'dinations ColorCore cardstock. I bought one of their 6x6 Super Assortment pack, and found them really good to work with. The orange scallop square, the green panels, the box and the band are all made using the card (although the box and band are 12x12 sheets).

The flower is a stamp which I coloured using Whispers pastel markers. I covered the whole square in clear versamark and embossed the whole thing, then put it on the scalloped square. The green layer has silver eyelets on each corner, and the picture was put on glue dots for a bit of dimension. The sentiment says 'Just a Note...' which was printed directly onto the card in Fine Hand font in Olive Green (3).

The box was a bit of guesswork really, and it took me a couple of goes to get it right, but now it works I can make a pattern and hopefully make a few sets.

Thanks for looking

Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Another Set of Blocks

I've managed to get another set of blocks finished, this time NOEL. I used the same sized blocks, same set of papers, but this time I tried the letters with clear Versamark ink and white embossing powder and I think it worked much better.... even if the E is a bit wonky!

Thanks for looking, I'm off to bed in a bit!

Christmas Blocks

I made these blocks to go on my table at the 'evening gala' I'm doing next month. I figured I'd aim to make more Christmas stuff as most people seem to be starting to think along those lines by now.

They're 2in blocks from Opitec, which I have given a couple of coats of white acrylic paint. I've used papers from a 6x6 Christmas pack, but I can't remember which brand - I'll try to remember to look next time I go to the craft shop and update later. I stamped the letters using the Plain Jane alphabet stamp set from See D's in white with white embossing powder. I wasn't completely happy with how they turned out, which I think is because of the ink... it was a bit patchy. These were glued on with PVA, and once they were dry I used a snowblock (like those used in nail bars) to sand the edges. They're finished off with a layer of acrylic sealer.

Thanks for looking