Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Happy Birthday Me... and A Baby Bootie

I made this for a neighbour who has just had twin boys. I love making them, they come together really quickly. There will be a card to go with it, but that's not finished yet!






The boot itself is finished with peel offs - perfect for using them up, and one of the only things I use them for now - and a bow. The label has a cute little sticker, a beaded nappy pin. It's really sparkly and nice, but doesn't really show up too well on the photos. The ribbon has 'baby' written on it - you can just about see it. The buckle is a Papermania brad.

Now, the box. I covered a sheet of card with DCWV pale blue gingham paper. Its about 10cm x 10cm, and 5cm high. The lid was made in the almost the same way, but I cut an aperture in the top and put in a piece of acetate. Again it's finished with peel offs (to hide the joins!) as this time I made the lid and added the paper afterwards. Finally I added another bow, to match the boot.

So, I'm off to enjoy some birthday (cheese)cake... a belgian chocolate one, too!

8 comments:

Lesly said...

Really cute stuff! I think you're the queen of altering. I have drawers and cabinets full of things to alter - just haven't tried it yet. I consider myself a collector of blanks.

Sue at Stampndaly said...

How cute!!!

Robyn said...

Holy cow! These are adorable!! You are so super talented!!

Amber said...

Adorable! You do great work!

Amanda Sewell said...

I absolutely love the silver on the edges, it really sets them off so well! Nice work!!!

Savitri said...

Happy birthday to you and too cute of a bootie and box!! Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. I really appreciate it!!

Debbi said...

What an adorable bootie. I'm sure your neighbor loved it!!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Danyelle Kessler said...

This is so sweet!