Monday 22 November 2010

More gilding

I thought I would have a go at some more gilding, so I made another picture for Christmas. I chose images that face each other so they'll look good on the mantlepiece. It's really hard to get a decent photograph as it's so dull today, and they are also highly reflective, but it is a lot better up close.

Again I used the kit I bought from HERE - it's well worth the money as you get plenty of gold leaf (25 sheets, this 6 x 4 design took 1½), brushes and enough paint in several colours to do dozens of designs.



Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Do you mind if I ask what your source is for this information?