Wednesday 19 March 2008

Baby card

It's been so long since I made any cards! Can you believe I haven't made anything since Mother's Day?

But I'm back - for now at least - to do a couple of orders, and there's a couple of competitions I want to enter too...... All I have to do now is find a few extra hours in the day, and I'll be away!

So.... this card is for a baby boy (duh!), and, as always it seems, turned out completely different to how I pictured it! I wanted the tag to be plain paper, but it would seem I have every shade of blue except one to match the background dp.



I have no idea where the paper came from. I cut the bottom off when I got it - I have a weird 'thing' about excess stuff; I always peel the backgrounds away from my peel offs too! Yes, you're right, there's a little bit of crazy in my corner of the planet! Anyhoo, I used my EK Success concave corner punch on the, umm, corners and also to do the scalloped edge on the tag. I took the guard off and punched along the edge, using the bottom side of the punch up so you can see where you're punching. You have to punch the white part and place it over the dp.

The baby's face and 'bundle of joy' sentiment are stickers made with microbeads (or something in that vein), again I don't know where they came from because I got rid of the packaging..... The brads are Papermania, and the ribbon is an offcut from my ribbon box.

There was meant to be a whole lot more ribbon, different papers and all sorts of other things but I sat down, got started and then realised I didn't have anything that worked! I've also only ever made one new baby card for a girl, all the rest have been for boys, and I'm starting run out of ideas (shock!) as I don't like to do the same design more than once, and I only have a very limited amount of stash.

I've got another bootie and box to make to go with it, hopefully I'll get that done over the Easter weekend. It's also Cory's 4th birthday in 3 weeks so I'll need to get going on his card. It's my brother's birthday next week too, and it's always really hard to come up with something for him.

Now I need to go and sort my craft room and bedroom as I've just found two fab chests of drawers for £35 each from the furniture recycling centre. They are HUGE, solid wood and I can fit so much stuff into them - and they're just begging to be rubbed down, painted and customised!

No comments: