Sunday 2 March 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope all that are had a good one!

Of course, a day like this means I get to make a card. Unfortunately, at the moment, I only seem to make cards for special occasions or the odd order. I never seem to be able to sit down for long enough to just 'create'! I'm sure I'll get back into it - hopefully soon!!

Anyway, this is the card I made for my Mum - it's safe to post it now!
It's quite a long card - 12 inches, by about 3 inches tall. I created the letters using a word processing programme, and after printing them I cut them out. I started with the 'back' piece - the second 'M' - and placed it at the far right of a strip of cardstock. I used DCWV paper and used a patterned piece for the letter and a plain piece for the rest. I did this again on a shorter strip for the 'U', and an even shorter piece for the first 'M'. All of them were backed with another sheet, but I forgot to take a photo. Duh! The left hand side had an inch extra, which I punched and finished with purple Making Memories eyelets (top piece only), tied with ribbon after sticking them together so that it didn't slip.
The letters were sponged with purple and white ColorBox inks, and finished with a butterfly embellishment, some American Crafts ribbon and some Stampendous and Anita's peel offs.
I hope that made sense... reading it back it seems a little jumbled, but I'm sure fellow crafters will get the gist!!

5 comments:

Laura lok said...

awesome card though have to tell you this is the second blog I have seen today with a mothers day card and it was freaking me out. mothers day is may 11 2 months away I know because I just looked. LOL thanks for getting the brain in gear

Lesly said...

This is fabulous! I need to start thinking about Mother's Day cards for here in the states,

Unknown said...

I really love this!! What a great job!!

Come visit my blog,
Jessica Lynn

Lizette said...

Your Mum is going to love this ! What a great idea !

Andrea said...

what a great card, its simply beautiful x