Saturday 29 March 2008

Get Knotted!

I actually managed to make something today!!!


It's nothing like I wanted it to be - it was supposed to be a tri-fold card. I'd stuck the bits down on the smaller flap, and then messed up with the paper - the last piece, natch - so I cut off the flap and it's now turned on it's side!






The topper is made using Mizuhiki cord and despite making tonnes of them, I still need instructions - you know how some things you just don't 'get'? This is one of mine!


The paper is from a pack I got from Readicut for free - pay p+p only - but the offer has finished now, sorry! The oriental paper is from the Artpapers Script Pack, and I also used my corner rounder and concave corner punch.


You've probably noticed that the ink I edged the card with doesn't match the papers.... I really need to do something about my meagre amount of 'essentials'. I have loads of non-essentials, but I have next to no stamps, about 5, yes 5!!!! ink pads/embossing powders and a few punches.


So that's why my cards are pretty basic.... no cuttlebug, no die cutters, nothing - yet! Besides, the card is for my brother - he's not going to notice, trust me....



No comments: