Saturday 12 April 2008

Birthday Banner

Two posts in one day, can you believe it?!


I made this banner for Cory's birthday. Now, until now I've always bought banners - it never even occured to me to make one! Duh! So I was sitting there after I bought the Dovecraft Masculine pack, thinking 'what am I going to make with all this 'male' type paper, as I have so few male cards to make?' I thought it would be relegated to a drawer and forgotten about, until I thought of doing this:





Sorry it's not a great picture, but the weather's been awful and I just couldn't get a decent photo.
You can see better if you click it. (Please try to ignore the fact that the patterns are out of sequence... not sure how I managed it, but it bugs me every time I look at it!)


I made the triangles with plain white cs, and I got 3 triangles from a sheet - turn an A4 sheet so it's landscape and mark at 14 and 28cm from the left. Turn it around and mark at 7 and 21cm from the right hand side. You can connect the lines, but I just used a metal rule and a craft knife to cut them. I cut the dp 5mm smaller all round and used dst to attach them to the cs. The scallop squares were done using my 2" Woodware punch, and the letters are some stickers I bought ages ago - can't remember where, though - and never used so I thought I'd try them.


I joined them together using a length of white 5mm ribbon from the bargain box at the local craft shop. I just popped a tiny piece of dst behind the ribbon on the back of the triangle to stop it slipping, or I know I would be constantly straightening them up! One thing though - this size triangle means that the banner is about 6 feet long! Didn't think to add it all up before I started cutting....


Thanks for reading


No comments: