Sunday 13 July 2008

Cards for Father's Day and a Birthday

Ok, so I know Father's Day was a while ago, but never mind! These were made for my dad, and for my Grandad from my mum.





For the background I used Basic Grey paper, and used my sanding block to soften the edges a bit, as I did with all of the layers. The dp is from my local craft shop, but I don't know who from. The layer with the lettering on is cream card coloured with chalks, and peel offs. I finished it with 3 page pebbles.




This card looks simple, and had I had a bit more stash it would've been! I knew what I wanted to do with this card, and I had the dp but no paper that matched for the background. So I dug out the coffee - can't stand the stuff personally, but it seems it does have it's uses! - and stained a piece of white cs. When it was dry, I added darker patches with more coffee and chalks.


The dp is mounted on some paper I got from the freebie pack from Readicut - you can't see it but it's metallic. The tag - which is off of some clothes from Asda - is also covered in this paper, and the edges have been sanded. The ribbon is American Crafts, and I finished the corner with some mini brads.





For this card I layered pink cs onto the base, and the green and patterned paper are a double sided dp layered on more white. The page pebbles use the same paper, and the Cuttlebugged butterfly is one from Dimps (thanks!). Simple but effective.

Thanks for looking

3 comments:

Bev said...

Good for you for getting back into blogging again - your cards are gorgeous!!

Liz said...

Beautiful cards Millie, glad to have found your blog. Will certainly add it to my favourites.x

Anonymous said...

3 Lovely cards Millie
Myrax